Gwen Moore for Congress Campaign, PO Box 16646, Milwaukee, WI 53216
Dear Voter in the 4th Congressional District:
Hopefully this finds you and yours safe and well during these incredibly uncertain times. We can never put politics over one’s safety and health. Using the link below, you can download my nomination papers for the August primary and November general election.
If you believe in my work and would like to see me on the primary and general election ballots, please take a moment, download the forms, sign my papers and send them back in. Right now, none of us should be out and about in the public unless we absolutely have to – that’s why this effort by mail is so critical.
There are a few things to remember:
- You can only sign these papers if you live in the 4th Congressional District, which includes the following municipalities: City of Milwaukee, Village of Bayside, Village of Brown Deer, City of Cudahy, Village of Fox Point, City of Glendale, Village of Shorewood, City of South Milwaukee, City of St. Francis, Village of West Milwaukee, and Village of Whitefish Bay.
- A person may sign only one nomination paper for a candidate for a Congressional District in an election period. If you have signed another person’s nomination paper for the 4th Congressional District of Wisconsin then you cannot sign the nomination papers.
- You do not need to be registered to vote to sign the petition but rather eligible to register and vote. That generally means 18 years or older, a U.S. Citizen, you have lived in the district for at least 10 days, and you have not lost the right to vote due to a criminal felony conviction for which the person is currently on probation, parole or extended supervision.
- ALL signatures must be accompanied by a legible printed name, the signer’s full address and date of signing (please don’t skip any boxes). Also please indicate whether or not their municipality is a city or a village. Post office and rural route numbers are not acceptable. The signer must indicate his/her residence, including street number.
- Complete the section at the bottom titled “Certification of Circulator” dating the paper before mailing. The certification date must be on or after the latest date of a signer. Using the qualifiers above and using appropriate social distancing, you can safely ask any friends, neighbors or colleagues to sign the papers before you mail them back to the campaign. **Please remember you can only circulate for one candidate for a Congressional District in an election period**
- If your nomination papers ONLY have your name or ONE name, signature and address, that’s not a problem. You should sign and date the “Certification of Circulator” at the bottom and mail this back to the campaign. Do not wait to gather signatures if you cannot do it safely.
- Forms MUST BE returned by May 20th at the latest. They cannot be emailed, texted, scanned or faxed. They must be sent in by mail to the
Gwen Moore for Congress Campaign, PO Box 16646, Milwaukee, WI 53216.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact Chris Trull at 337-377-5857 or Brenda Moore at 414-322-6161. You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I know that every aspect of our lives has been touched by this pandemic and “normality” is a goal we all strive toward not knowing when and how it will return. Thank you for your willingness to help and all of your assistance.
Take care and stay safe. We’ll get through this together.
My very best,
Gwen S. Moore
P.S. If you’re interested in helping out by making follow-up phone calls to other voters in the 4th district, please reach out to Chris using the phone number above.